Thursday, September 1, 2011

Easy Taco Soup


This is the Veranda bean pot (my first one)

My family is always so busy so anything with "easy" or "quick" in the title always catches my eye. I got this recipe from Celebrating Home to use with their bean pot. I love their bean pots, they are so versatile, microwave safe, oven safe, and dishwasher safe. Just don't try to use it on the stove top! :)  It's basically like a crockpot without the annoying cord! When I first was introduced to Celebrating Home this is what got me hooked. I have used mine as decoration, for pot lucks (since it keeps the food cold or hot), soups, roasts, chicken, the possibilities are endless.

 Anyway, I will get off my soapbox now, my favorite is still the very first thing I ever made in it, taco soup. I love it because it will feed a lot of people pretty cheap and the best part, you make it all in the microwave in less than 20 minutes! 

Easy Taco Soup

Ingredients:

Ground beef (thawed or frozen)
2 cans beans (I used pinto and kidney)
1 can corn or hominy (whichever you like)
1 petite diced tomatoes (or Rotel for extra kick!)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning

First put beef in pot with lid on, microwave for 3 minutes. Break up meat put back on for another 3 minutes. If meat is frozen it will take additional 3 minutes. (I like to use my Pampered Chef Mix N' Chop for this, my cousin sell it, awesome products!)


Sorry for the dark pic but it should look like this
 Once you have your meat browned you will add the canned goods. Do NOT drain any of them, this is what makes it soupy. Also add the packets of seasonings. Stir well without breaking up the beans.


Doesn't it look pretty!
 Now put the lid back on and microwave for 5 minutes, stir then put back in for another 5 minutes. See I told you it was super quick and easy! Garnish with sour cream, cheese, and fritos or tortila chips!


Yum-O!
 Disclosure: Celebrating Home and Pampered Chef are in no way sponsors of this post, nor do they compensate me whatsoever. However, I would like to credit Celebrating Home for the bean pot pictures and Pampered Chef for the picture of the Mix N' Chop.


My newest bean pot, Welcome Home, with matching basket



My fav thing from P.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment