Friday, December 10, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 3: My prayer

Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.

It's easy to said than done. I mean you can say okay, I've done this and it's in the past, there's nothing I can do about it now and I'm sorry I did it. But... forgiving and forgetting it is another thing. As humans we have a tendency to hold on to things and not let go. But what we really need to do is just forgive and forget, give it over to God for good. Let Him carry the weight of that burden. 

Okay, now that I have that rant out of my system... 

I'm not sure how to say this or if I'm really ready to put myself out there like this but here it goes anyway...

My short list in no particular order:

Sex before marriage
Getting married too young to the "wrong" man (or boy)
Letting Wes get away from me the first time and marrying someone else
Having a boyfriend during college
Dropping out of my sorority
Straying away from God for all those years and rebelling

Many times I have handed these things over to God but unfortunately with strings still attached. My prayer today is that I can finally let go of them FOREVER. I pray that I can release these burdens to God and let Him forgive me as well as asking Him to let me forgive myself. I don't want to carry these things around in the back of my mind and hidden in my heart anymore. I want to free myself from them. Please God let me do that today. And I pray that someone else that needs to do the same will read this and it will help them in their own journey to freedom from burdens. Amen.


Find the challenge here...
http://hope.gr/30-days-of-truth/

No comments:

Post a Comment