Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 2: A Recovering Addict

Day 2: Something you love about yourself


I love that I'm overcoming my addiction... 


Hi, my name is Anna, and I'm a shopaholic. I have trouble passing up ridiculously low sale prices and clearance racks, buying items and clothes I don't really need but MUST have... it's sad really. 


I am  a recovering shopaholic. I know many people have  much worse problems than that, but for me it's been a long and difficult road.  I mean you have to shop, you must go to Wal-Mart and the grocery store for necessities. It's not like alcoholics, where they can just not go to the bar or the liquor store. You will always have to go to the mall to do Christmas and birthday shopping.


But I do have to say that I'm really proud of myself and how far I have came with my addiction. I went to the mall today to buy new jeans and possibly a top. I left the mall with only a pair of jeans and a sweater. Which I do have to admit I bought the sweater mostly because Maurices was having a sale, if you bought a sweater you get 20% off your entire purchase. But the best part of my shopping experience was that I didn't fall for the credit card deal and didn't over spend, actually I spent less than I had expected! 


Plus, I went to the mall with my 3 year old. I used to cave into him wanting a toy or whatever just so that  he would stop screaming. But this time, he was so good, which makes it easier for me too! We rented a stroller, which turned out to be free, and then he got to pick out a candy since he was good the entire trip. 


I will also add that I have a Hobby Lobby addiction, which includes buying crafts (that I rarely complete) and holiday decorations. I'm proud to say that its almost Christmas and I have not bought any new Christmas decorations! I've done so good this year! It does help that I no longer have a traditional job and therefore don't have extra money laying around burning a hole in my pocket. 




Here's where you can find the list and challenge...
http://hope.gr/30-days-of-truth/

No comments:

Post a Comment