Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Who Stole My Cleaning Fairy!?!

Ugh!!! Where is my cleaning fairy when I need her!?!


People think that since I am a stay at home mom I should be a super mom and be able to get everything plus more done. Ugh! Unfortunately, it's not that easy. I really need 30 hours in a day, wonder why God thought we could ever get everything done in only 24 hours? I'm not Wonder Woman!

So this morning, while I was rushing around like a crazy woman, I was thinking I really need to get a schedule written out. For some reason, I have had it in my head that I can just simply remember the important things I need to get done... Ummm. NO! Doesn't work like that!

I am going to post a rough draft of my daily schedule, this is a work in progress and I will probably change it a million times over the next few weeks. But, I will keep you guys updated on my progress and what works and what definately doesn't. So here it goes...

Sunday:
Relaxation day!
Get all last minute things ready for my church class.
Get P's backpack ready, make his lunch, pick out his clothes for the next day.

Monday:
Clean out fridge
Take out all the trash (even if it's not full!)
Pull trash to the curb
Wash all dishes
Make weekly menu plan
Wash jeans/pants

Tuesday:
Go to the grocery store/Wal-Mart
Put away all bags!
Clean kitchen
Wash colored clothes

Wednesday:
Put meal in crockpot
Wash whites
Clean bathrooms
Work on church class lesson plan

Thursday:
Run errands/pay bills
Wash towels
Dust livingroom
Get P's soccer stuff ready for practice

Friday:
Clean bedrooms
Finish any extra laundry
Get P's soccer stuff ready for game day
Get next week's blog posts ready

Saturday:
Game day!
Spend time with the family!

Daily tasks:
Load/unload dishes, pick up livingroom each morning, keep clothes off couch, make beds, wipe kitchen/bathroom counters down, keep kitchen table cleaned off!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I do feel guilty if I fail to get everything done at home before my husband get back from work. Being a stay at home mom somehow means the house is your responsibilities area. I hate cleaning and it takes a lot of time. I just hope I'll have more time. But maybe I need to get really organize. Happy to see your list that can works with me too.

    Happy blogging from http://www.healthybeautifulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do too but I have realized that it's just not worth it to stress over not getting EVERYTHING done all the time! It's ok to relax and it is necessary!

    Happy blogging to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cleaning fairy must have been on a bender, because she didn't show up today at work here, either.

    If you find her, tell her that she's on thin ice. And in this economy, not even the cleaning fairy can afford to be without work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I haven't done as well as I should have this week but I've done super good keeping up with the laundry! Baby steps I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your schedule. I feel like it helps to write it all down. I may not get it all crossed off but at least I'm not trying to keep it in my head. I had a cleaning fairy (housekeeper for a while) and I miss her. One day I hope we shall be reunited! Laundry is my downfall. It seems to never get done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Tara! So jealous of your cleaning fairy!

    ReplyDelete